Rockit's Routine

Rockit

Day 10 AM:

Had trouble falling asleep yesterday, but since I went to bed a tad earlier, I still got a decent amount. Today, I feel better than I did yesterday. It'll be key for me to keep going.

I feel myself getting a tad lazy with my other chores, so I will nip that in the bud immediately. I'll probably do some the moment I get home before I have a nap. No slippery slope. I am getting stronger and I will keep going.

Rockit

Day 10 PM:

Got home super late because of work get together. Not a fan of discussing work after hours. I won't do that again.

One more day before a break. Here is hoping it goes well.

Doing good man, keep it up. I just started counting calories as well to help lose some weight. Nice reading your success so far, I hope to reach my 10 day goal.

Rockit

Day 11 AM:
Having a super productive morning so far. Been very busy, but it's a good one. Calorie counting has been tougher than I thought it would be but I am not giving up.

I've been fighting fantasies a bunch and urges have not been too terrible this week. Staying positive is so important. I want to keep this experiment going.

Also, cool baths are amazing. Throwing that out there.

Rockit

readytoquit said:
Doing good man, keep it up. I just started counting calories as well to help lose some weight. Nice reading your success so far, I hope to reach my 10 day goal.

It's funny -- I am doing it to put on weight! Looking to get into fighting shape.

Good luck on your ten day goal, but I hope your one day goal (today!) is also successful. :)

Rockit said:
readytoquit said:

It's funny -- I am doing it to put on weight! Looking to get into fighting shape.

Good luck on your ten day goal, but I hope your one day goal (today!) is also successful. :)

Thanks man, it's a good reminder to take it one day at a time.

Putting on muscle and weight is a good goal. I have been lifting for years but ignored the dieting side of things. I'm overweight, conditioning is poor, but strength is good. Need to find some balance  ;D

Good luck with it all man, I'll be reading your progress.

Rockit

Day 11 PM:

Have to get to bed early again -- co-worker is calling in sick, so my vacation will start one day later than anticipated. I was hit hard with urges tonight, but I worked hard to redirect my thoughts. Getting a lot of sleep tonight will be key.

Also, counting calories is impossible when you are at a family dinner. Wow.

Rockit

Day 12 AM:

Feeling okay today. I feel already checked out for the most part. Vacation starts in seven hours. Not that I am counting down or anything.

Looking forward to napping a bit today and refocusing my brain. This weekend might be a tough one and I want to be prepared.

I will be better and I will be positive!

Rockit

Day 12 PM:

And, the vacation is underway.

It hit me tonight how much alone time I am going to have over the next week, and I know I will have to refocus on my goals, and stay motivated.

I feel like I am doing better with avoiding urges/triggers, but I know it won't always be this easy. I'm grateful for how things have gone thus far, but I think I have the right attitude. Here's to a good week.

Rockit

Day 13 mid-AM:

I thought I made a post this morning, but I guess I got confused.  Getting engaged does that to you.

It has been a good day overall, but I am a little annoyed at something she said this afternoon. Trying not to let it bother me, but I am real sensitive sometimes. Here is hoping this day turns around fast.

Rockit

Day 13 PM:

Today didn't get much better. I found myself getting my feelings hurt and I had trouble overcoming the negativity. Today was a tough day. I hope tomorrow will be better. It has to be.

I hope everyone else had a much better day. Allergies, hurt feelings and negativity. It all hit me hard today.

But, I didn't give up. That's a plus.

Rockit

Day 14 AM:

Today is officially two weeks that I have been posting, and it's about 19 since I last PMO'd. Only one relapse in July, and that makes me feel pretty good.

The air mattress I slept on last night? Well, that hurt my back pretty bad. In a lot of pain this morning. I really want today to go better.

Rockit

Day 14 PM:

Today was a better day. We went for long walks, and really just enjoyed it. Met some friends haven't seen in a while, and that was good.

Went to a local place where women are barely wearing anything, and it took everything I had not to look. I am proud that this is what I think when I am in that situation. I will not give up the fight.

I will be better. :)

Rockit

Day 15 AM:

It's the first day of being able to wake up, and not go to work. Normally I'd be off in about an hour, but I've already been up for a while -- just enjoying the day.

Going to make an effort to just relax and enjoy today. Did some weight lifting yesterday, plus a nice abs workout, and I feel it a little today. Going to go for a run and get another workout in today.

I noticed fantasies/urges sneaking into my brain last night, and I struggled to get rid of them. Going to re-focus today and repeat my mantra out loud if I need to. This can be a slippery slope, and I can't inch down even a tad.

Rockit

Day 15 PM:

I'm typing this on my computer.  Much faster, and I'm pretty tired, so...

Same thing as yesterday.  Noticed a lot of women wearing skimpier clothing, which frustrates me a little bit.  Trying really hard not to let my mind wander.  So far, it's been better today.

For a first day of my vacation (officially) I found I did a lot today.  I was up early, and only napped a little this afternoon.  I'm going to try and be a little more productive tomorrow, and clean around the house a little.  Here is hoping I succeed!

Sleep well, everybody.

Rockit

Day 16 AM:

Planning to go on some epic walks today, whilst cleaning up the house.  I really want to make today a productive one.  I only have four days left of this vacation, and I don't want it to fly by so quickly.

When trying to sleep yesterday, my brain began craving some dopamine.  I refused to give up, and eventually fell asleep.  When I woke up today, I felt like I won.

The battle continues, and I will win.  :)

Rockit

Day 16 PM:

This was a good day.  I went walking and probably walked about six hours all in all.  Was a good time.  I wasn't as productive today as I wanted to be, but my fiancee and I are going to get everything done tomorrow since we both have the day off.  We have a plan, and we will stick with it.

Hoping to keep urges/fantasies down tonight.  I don't want my mind to wander.

Sleeping well has really helped this week.  Something to think about.

Rockit

Day 17 AM:

I was so frustrated trying to sleep last night. Mind went crazy, and it took a while to actually pass out. Woke up super late today, which is frustrating -- but it is my vacation. We went to sleep late, and we still got eight hours of sleep.

Heading out for more epic walks today, and we will be very productive after lunch. We are making it a priority.

Rockit

DAY 17 PM:

Had a pretty good day overall, with the exception of the new Star Trek movie.  Not a lot of sexiness which is good, but I still found my mind wandering.  Ticked me off.

Spent a good portion of the day with the fiancee and that helped a ton.  Question is, what do I do on a day like tomorrow?

Well, I will power through.  That's the goal, and I will achieve it!

Rockit

DAY 18 AM:

Slept in huge.  A little bummed about only having two days left of vacation, but I'll do what I can to make them fun.

Going for a long walk this morning, as I've really enjoyed doing that.  Throw in some time on the exercise bike, and I feel pretty good about myself.  Going back to do some boxing training tonight, and I'm looking forward to it.  Today might be a clean-up/exercise day.  I really like it.

Got hit with fantasies hard at night while with fiancee.  Going to have to be more vigilant.  Like I said a few nights ago, this is where the slippery slope has ruined my streaks in months past.