First time posting here. Want to get rid of this. I heard support helps.

k-fff

quitforeverthenwin2 said:
I totally support your thoughts on MO. For you it's not a huge issue, but being careful about it so it doesn't become one. Sounds good to me.

Glad to hear you had a good day! Support is great for sure, it really can make all the difference. It gives these constant little boosts and increased awareness that adds up to being just incredibly helpful.

Yea, I have tried quitting alone for 2 years and haven't been able to. I wish I had come on here earlier. The support really makes a big difference. It is also place where we can actually talk about where we are going through because society offers us no outlet or support in this regard. Also, personally for me, seeing guys that deal with PIED and they have pushed past it where they have this under control is very encouraging.

k-fff

Day  9 & 10
Not too much happened didn't get good sleep for a variety of reasons. I feel good about this streak. I want to believe I am completely done with p because comparatively speaking this has been one of the easiest streaks so far. Although, I am still very wary of severe withdrawals and I get the feeling something like that is coming my way around day 14 and day 13. Can't wait to complete my second week.

quitforeverthenwin2

Keep it up man! The way to keep things moving and have it move as smoothly as is possible (it is never totally smooth and always can become difficult) is to be vigilant and do all the little things that are helping you!

k-fff

Day 11
Today went by smoothly enough. Noticing a big uptick in my urges though. I think i am gonna start getting bad urges soon.

k-fff

Thanks for the support guys. It really does go a long way. I am getting a lot of urges right now. Thankfully haven't searched anything. The urges are getting really strong now.

k-fff

Peeked. I gotta consider this a relapse because that was one of my conditions. A bit embarrassed now, the urges are really strong now. I need to replace them with my other habits. I think my trigger was having trouble with this girl that seems the most logical and maybe a little boredom. I am happy I only peeked for a second but the decision itself to search and to look is the real problem that is why I consider it a relapse. When I opened it and I looked at the vid for a few seconds, i was like what am I doing, now I need to restart my counter. I literally just had sex yesterday too. Maybe, there is somewhat of a chaser effect going. I feel stupid right now. This thing is something I don't want to do, but I just gave myself more time to recover from it.

W

wecandoit

k-fff said:
Peeked. I gotta consider this a relapse because that was one of my conditions. A bit embarrassed now, the urges are really strong now. I need to replace them with my other habits. I think my trigger was having trouble with this girl that seems the most logical and maybe a little boredom. I am happy I only peeked for a second but the decision itself to search and to look is the real problem that is why I consider it a relapse. When I opened it and I looked at the vid for a few seconds, i was like what am I doing, now I need to restart my counter. I literally just had sex yesterday too. Maybe, there is somewhat of a chaser effect going. I feel stupid right now. This thing is something I don't want to do, but I just gave myself more time to recover from it.

I wouldn't reset my counter if I was you. You peeked just for seconds, it's not the end of the world. Try to avoid this the next time. You know, I realized that counting days and thinking about what's relapse and what isn't was fucking with my mind. So I stripped it down to the basics: Trying to survive each day without edging, peeking and PMO and if I make a mistake, trying to inflict as little damage as possible to myself: Peeking is not edging, edging for 5 minutes is not edging for 1 hour, edging for 1 hour is not edging for hours, 1 PMO is not a PMO binge etc. You know what I'm saying? I try to control it somehow: "Okay, I watched something for 5 minutes but I caught myself, walk away cause it's only 5 minutes, not 1 hour, don't make it 1 hour." Resetting my counter was depressing. "I've made it to X number of days now I have to start from 0. FUCK!" This didn't feel too good. And counting days was a problem too because I kept thinking how many days I lost, how many days I needed to start feeling better etc. Then I tried to make it to the end of the day without making mistakes. It's been working. Urges are strong for me too right now but it's understandable because this is withdrawal and I am an addict, I can't expect to quit this without pain.

k-fff

wecandoit said:
k-fff said:

I wouldn't reset my counter if I was you. You peeked just for seconds, it's not the end of the world. Try to avoid this the next time. You know, I realized that counting days and thinking about what's relapse and what isn't was fucking with my mind. So I stripped it down to the basics: Trying to survive each day without edging, peeking and PMO and if I make a mistake, trying to inflict as little damage as possible to myself: Peeking is not edging, edging for 5 minutes is not edging for 1 hour, edging for 1 hour is not edging for hours, 1 PMO is not a PMO binge etc. You know what I'm saying? I try to control it somehow: "Okay, I watched something for 5 minutes but I caught myself, walk away cause it's only 5 minutes, not 1 hour, don't make it 1 hour." Resetting my counter was depressing. "I've made it to X number of days now I have to start from 0. FUCK!" This didn't feel too good. And counting days was a problem too because I kept thinking how many days I lost, how many days I needed to start feeling better etc. Then I tried to make it to the end of the day without making mistakes. It's been working. Urges are strong for me too right now but it's understandable because this is withdrawal and I am an addict, I can't expect to quit this without pain.

Thanks for the advice.  I just don't want to make any excuses for myself to like "secretly" use because I feel like that was issue with me before. I gave myself too much slack. I probably shouldn't reset everything so I won't, but I want to keep my mind in a place where I am not lazy with myself and make excuses for searching. Good point about urges and withdrawals. I have to remind myself that I rather have the urges than the regret of pmo.

quitforeverthenwin2

I actually strongly support your decision to reset the counter. You broke your rule so yeah reset it. Literally every time I have seen people (myself included) try and dance around a relapse and pretend it didn't happen it leads to more relapses and binges. Holding oneself super accountable works.

For me I do better not having a counter. That can work. But if you want a counter just be accountable. Both work having a counter and not having a counter work. But having a counter and basically having it be a lie (changing what the counter is counting AFFTERnThe fact) does not work.

Nothing to embarrassed of! Relapses happen! Just get back on the horse.

k-fff

I actually strongly support your decision to reset the counter. You broke your rule so yeah reset it. Literally every time I have seen people (myself included) try and dance around a relapse and pretend it didn't happen it leads to more relapses and binges. Holding oneself super accountable works.

For me I do better not having a counter. That can work. But if you want a counter just be accountable. Both work having a counter and not having a counter work. But having a counter and basically having it be a lie (changing what the counter is counting AFFTERnThe fact) does not work.

Nothing to embarrassed of! Relapses happen! Just get back on the horse.

Yea, exactly, people often use a relapse like peeking as an excuse to look more. Others get too depressed not being able  to follow a counter. The point is accountability. I think some people do freak out a little too much over "possible" relapses and personally think the intention is really important there. If you are intentionally seeking out any artificial stimulus, you're relapsing in a sense. Obviously, it is not as bad as full blown edging and pmo, but still. I have to reset because I intentionally sought something out and peeked.

k-fff

And just completely relapsed. I think maybe the trigger was after working out and drinking a lot of protein I started feeling really good then urges came. Also, the peeking from yesterday probably caused somewhat of a chaser affect combined with the sex i had before. That is why I have a rule no peeking because I get overwhelming urges if I do. Frustrating to say the least. I wanted to go the whole month. I will try to get 16 days so till the end of this month.

k-fff

I hate the fact that my dopamine system is so messed up that having a good work out and the pleasure of giving myself nutrition causes urges. It is also the same way with sex I have a bit of chaser effect every time after sex. I hate it. I am really frustrated now, but all I am trying to do is not binge and wait for tomorrow. One thing I am happy about is I didn't edge. It was relatively quick over in like 10 minutes. Ugh..people say you need at least a month without looking to make a big enough difference so I am just depressed about this now.

k-fff

I am assuming because my mind wants to binge that I haven't fed the addiction well enough. Which I hope is the case, I need to follow my rules for use  of p anyway when I do relapse because it being  associated with the computer is really bad. I hate p. Tomorrow is day 1.

k-fff

On the 28th, I have a kickboxing competition that I hardly prepped for. I gotta start cutting some weight. I only need to lose 5 kg. Which 3kg will be gone when going into keto from water weight, so I need to lose at least 2 more kg to make weight which is about 5 pounds ah this is gonna suck when I break it down like this.

quitforeverthenwin2

k-fff said:
And just completely relapsed. I think maybe the trigger was after working out and drinking a lot of protein I started feeling really good then urges came. Also, the peeking from yesterday probably caused somewhat of a chaser affect combined with the sex i had before. That is why I have a rule no peeking because I get overwhelming urges if I do. Frustrating to say the least. I wanted to go the whole month. I will try to get 16 days so till the end of this month.

Feeling too good/high can be a trigger for sure! Both negative and positive feelings can be a trigger even absolutely nothing can be a trigger. We want to do our best to avoid triggers, but urges will pop up sometimes no matter what, it just is what it is.

Good that it was only 10 min, that is a MUCH less bad for your brain then binging too much.

This is progress.... when relapsing doesn't feel so good, THAT is progress.

Just keep it up.

k-fff

k-fff said:

Feeling too good/high can be a trigger for sure! Both negative and positive feelings can be a trigger even absolutely nothing can be a trigger. We want to do our best to avoid triggers, but urges will pop up sometimes no matter what, it just is what it is.

Good that it was only 10 min, that is a MUCH less bad for your brain then binging too much.

This is progress.... when relapsing doesn't feel so good, THAT is progress.

Just keep it up.

I am happy I did not edge or binge. I can tell my brain does feel a bit better than if I had. I can't say that I am happy though. Drinking that protein really messed me up because it caused severe insomnia and it has done that in the past and I know that. I feel like this whole thing could have been avoided.

Woah, good luck in the competition! Do whatever prep you can for the time being. I never cut too much weight, but I certainly do not miss it....

Well, I don't have to lose as much as I expected. I need to lose only 1 kg. I should be fine. I probably will have to fast two days in a row before the competition to make the weight, but I cut it close.