It's time to change

logicprox

You're killing it, bro! Haven't been following you journal but I just glanced through some of it, and it's super encouraging.
Thanks! i've been finding myself quite encouraged lately too.

This is definitely not my first attempt to quit, been off and on trying for years but this is the first time i have really combined both the conviction and doing it smarter. if someone like me who could barely manage a few days off PMO can do it, any one can!

logicprox

120 days. That feels good. Honestly I have been looking forward more to this number than I was to 90. Not sure why.

That said, in some ways I think I have taken too much comfort in having a "streak" of no PMO that I am happy with and have lost track a little bit on the overall point, which is to improve my life and take actions to move towards my goals. PMO isn't the dragon, it's the comfortable castle you sit in to avoid fighting the dragon. The dragon is living a meaningful and fulfilling life.

It's not so much that I haven't been sticking to the good habits I established as that I haven't been building on them. Sticking to habits isn't moving forward, it's stagnation at a certain point in the path. I was supposed to be adding more and more habits that eventually transformed me but I can't say I have done that recently.

So today is a good day for some self reflection on what comes next, setting some next step goals and the incremental habits that will take me there.