Another story - probably the same as everyone else

GBS

Respected Member
683 days sober
13 days no MO

Thanks @Blondie

Getting urges to MO. Brain says just a quickie with sensible wife fantasy and you can calm down. I still resist. Not actually sure why except it seems right that I don’t give in and possibly start on the slippery slope. Can’t even write the word “slippery” without getting thoughts. It’s a tough battle but I do enjoy pain so I know I won’t succumb.

Galatians51

Getting urges to MO. Brain says just a quickie with sensible wife fantasy and you can calm down. I still resist. Not actually sure why except it seems right that I don’t give in and possibly start on the slippery slope. Can’t even write the word “slippery” without getting thoughts. It’s a tough battle but I do enjoy pain so I know I won’t succumb.
💪💪

GBS

Respected Member
684 days sober
14 days no MO

Another intimacy session yesterday. Still far from x rated, but there is crucially some connection clearly going on. I think the oxytocin levels are really up. We talked afterwards very honestly about how this could advance. Slowly but surely is the answer. I also said that she was very quiet generally and didn’t discuss. She said that was how she needed it to be, but I wasn’t to read anything into it. It was a very nice discussion and afternoon.

Slight downside is that the urges to MO are huge. And my fella huge. That combo spells trouble. I am not actually sure how I am resisting but I am. I edged late last night which I haven’t done for ages if the definition is getting within half a dozen strokes.

Stay sober kids.

GBS

Respected Member
686 days sober
16 days no MO

Very sadly my father’s decline is rapid and I think it’s probably the last two weeks now, maybe less. In SAA meetings there’s a line from the preamble that says when we’re recovered we will be able to deal better with death and grief. That sounds right but is no certainty. I won’t stop coming on here but I may be absent for a while.

Gracie

Staff member
Sending prayers and thoughts your way. it is always hard to lose a parent. Take care of yourself.

GBS

Respected Member
688 days sober
18 days no MO

Tough times with father severely unwell. But he’s not in pain and has loving care. He will slip away peacefully I know, so we will look back on this as near perfect. Just not right this sec.

Read a nice Robert Browning quote today, as follows:

”When the fight begins within himself, a man’s worth something” - just let that sink in for a moment…..I think it’s a gem

Stay sober and fight hard gentlemen.

GBS

GBS

Respected Member
691 days sober
21 days no MO

Ten more days to go, you got this. :cool:
Cheers pal. And a cool dude emoji, I am honoured (spelt correctly).

I seem to be in a good mood, but things here are pretty low. The end is in sight as is the magic 700 and the end of my 23rd month of sobriety.

GBS

Respected Member
692 days sober
22 days no MO

My father died in the very early hours of this Sunday morning. So I may be absent for a while.

Gracie

Staff member
I am so sorry to hear this. Please know I am praying for you. May you have strength at this time.